A-Day Game and Other Things to Do in Tuscaloosa This Weekend (4/15-4/17)
Alabama's A-Day weekend has arrived in Tuscaloosa with lots fun things planned related to the game, along with a couple of concerts and a TV special!
The fun surrounding the A-Day game has really made this annual event so much more than a sneak peek of team. It has really grown into a big celebration of the football program.
Alabama players who are just about to enter the NFL Draft, and other former Tide guys who are now thriving in the pro football league will make a return to Tuscaloosa! There will be opportunities to meet and greet these guys. Click here for more info on the 5 running backs in town to meet fans.
More highlights of the activities surrounding Nick Saban's 10th A-Day at Alabama:
- The Mercedes-Benz Fan Fest will take place at 8 a.m. and is open to the public outside the North end zone (corner of University Boulevard and Wallace Wade Drive).
- The Alumni Flag Football Game begins at 11:30 a.m. inside Bryant-Denny Stadium and will feature former Alabama greats. The game is slated for two 20-minutes halves and should wrap up around 12:15 p.m.
- At 12:15 p.m., head coach Nick Saban and 2016 captains Jake Coker, Derrick Henry, Ryan Kelly and Reggie Ragland will address the crowd. The captains will then leave prints of their hands and cleats in the concrete at Denny Chimes.
- The Crimson Tide will hold a Walk of Champions scheduled for 12:50 p.m. when the team arrives at Bryant-Denny Stadium.·
- This year's halftime entertainment will feature the Alabama Quarterback Challenge with former Crimson Tide signal-callers from the last 10 years.
- Throughout the 2016 A-Day Game former Crimson Tide greats, current NFL stars and former captains from the Saban era will be recognized as we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Sabans first spring in Tuscaloosa.
- This year fans will again have the opportunity to upgrade their experience at A-Day with a number of experiences and seating upgrades now available for purchase at Rolltide.expapp.com.
- A-Day posters featuring head coach Nick Saban and 10 Crimson Tide greats during the last 10 years, along with the 2016 schedule will be given away at the gates to the first 12,500 fans.
- Coach Saban will present the spring awards to the team at midfield at the conclusion of the game.
- Once the team has cleared the field, for the third straight year at A-Day, all fans will have post-game field access. Fans may enter through any of the four corner gates.
Public parking for A-Day is free and first-come/first-serve with Crimson Ride shuttles running from the east side of campus to the Quad. Click here for more parking information.
Alabama baseball will be playing at the Joe Friday at 7 p.m., Saturday at 5 p.m. and Sunday at 1 p.m.
Chris Young in concert at Tuscaloosa Amphitheater Saturday night.
Pentatonix is playing Legacy Arena at the BJCC.
Have a great weekend and ROLL TIDE!!